Who should be on your guest list for your wedding?
The best advice would be to make a list of people in order of priority.
- The most important people on the list should be your parents, siblings, grandparents, your wedding part and their partners and your closest friends.
- Other family members like aunts, uncles, cousins and close friends.
- Parent’s closest friends and good friends that you work with.
- distant relatives that you feel you have to invite, even though you don’t see them often.
- Friends that you haven’t seen in a while, but that you would like to attend your wedding.
- Reciprocal Invitations – relatives and friends that have invited you to their weddings.
- Work associates, colleagues, bosses, close neighbours and friends of your siblings that you are close to.
Once you have established the list of guests that you would like to invite to your wedding, you will have an idea of the number of people that will invite to your wedding. From here you can start planning the rest of your wedding.
You need to ensure that you take the following into consideration for your numbers:
- Bride’s list of guests to invite
- Groom’s list of guests to invite
- Bride’s parent’s list of guests to invite
- Groom’s parent’s list of guests to invite
Once you have established the number of guests that you would like to invite, make sure that your venue of choice is able to accommodate that number of people.
The final number of guests at your wedding should include any service providers that will attend.
These will typically include the following people:
- Marriage Officer or Officiant
- DJ/Band members or musicians
- Wedding Coordinator (where applicable)
This is a special day!! Don’t stress and enjoy the planning!!!
Macnut Farm caters for weddings up to 200 guests.